Thursday, March 26, 2009

How to draw a manga of a teen transforming into a car, jacket, or chair?

I am drawing a manga for a friend of mine and need to draw a transformation sequence for the story. Its a story similer to Harry Potter about a school of wizards. He wants me to draw a picture of a boy being transformed or morphed into a chair and another boy transforming into a jacket (I think a sports jacket).


He wants them for the cover of the piece so I need to do a really detailed shapeshifting sequence. I have done werewolf pieces and another with a tiger but I have never done one of inanimate objects.


I am thinking of doing it in the style of those Animorph covers (like this image http://www.davidmattingly.com/Media/No_M... ).


But I don%26#039;t know how to draw a person transforming a chair or jacket. If I draw a chair I guess his head could be the chair rest and limbs the chair legs, but turning into a jacket is more difficult, where would his head and legs go.


If you have any ideas for drawing this piece please tell. Also paste links of similer images.
How to draw a manga of a teen transforming into a car, jacket, or chair?
wow this is very interesting. same as you i have never drawn someone changing into an inanimate objects.


well I will try to help as much as I can.





I def. like your idea using the animorphs covers [ oh and ur link wasnt working- or maybe that was just my computer]


I am def thinking for the jacket. you could do a sequence of him starting out by standing-then bending down into a squat- then his arms and legs kind of connecting in that position while he pushes his legs towards his chest- his head could tilt his head some [ oooo i know if you his skin was brown and his hair was black. u could make the jacket brown and the collar black like for his head][and maybe if u wanted a freaky design you could do like a pic of an eye on like a pocket or. s.o.] umm probably work on the details of that. and then in the end it could just like a jacket thrown on the floor.


or if you figure out how to do the transformations of someone into a chair.


on the cover you could def. have 2 transformations of 2 dif people. then have there transformations combine in the end by having the jacket thrown over the chair.





well idk how you would do the chair.


but hopethis helps :)





-sam

No comments:

Post a Comment